Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Monday, November 20, 2006

The Art Of Originality

I'm in a quandry here. I've been kind of fluffing along with some standby projects--getting my words in so to speak everyday. The problem is I really want to get 'into' something. I am not use to the feeling of floating a long. I typically am so in the project at hand, and just feeling it to the ninth degree. Lately, however, as I think about developing a plot, or a new story, everything seems 'old'.

I came up with a plot... got excited... realized it was basically 'Pretty Woman'.

Another one... too much along the same lines as my first two novels.

Again... been there, done that.

A new idea... sounded too much like "Constantine"... another sounded too much like "Michael".

Okay, okay, there's no such thing as an original idea--not anymore. They've all been done at least in some version, at some point. It seems that way anyway. And yet, there are times when I read someone's new blurb and think DAMN why did't I think of that? That's really cool. It's original.

I've thought that of my own in the past.

Now it seems like there aren't any original ones coming to me. I'm feeling old. LOL I'm hoping it's just a passing phase.

No comments: