Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Managing Memory

I understand why companies use numbers, letters, or a combination of the two to keep their inventory in order. It gets a little difficult to associate what you need with a part number, however, when you're just an average person. Buying a color cartridge refill is easier to remember than 108R00725, but the bottom line is, they're the same thing. For businesses it's easy enough, just have forms to list everything in the office and check off a box when it is time to re-stock the supply cabinet. If you have a machine, or other gadget that takes a refill labeled with a number, see if you can keep a portion of the package it comes in flattened out in a file marked supplies, or folded up in a side drawer. I even carry around the ID cards that come inside the cartridge box for my black, and color cartridges on my printer right in my wallet so I have them handy when I happen to be near an office supply store. Numbers make it a little more difficult to remember a part name, but little tricks make it manageable even for civilians like us.