Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Burrrrrrrrrrr Baby It's Cold Outside

Weather report blogs are kind of cheating, but this one bears mentioning. Finally, after over a week, we're creeping out of the sub-zero weather and deadly wind-chills that have been round the clock regular here in Chicago this year. The cold sure did start early too. While not that deadly stuff, we got freezing weather and snow far earlier than I can remember since way back in my childhood. I suppose it could actually be considered normal, at least I remember that early cold and deep December snow from back then as normal. It hasn't been normal at all for the past couple of decades though, and I certainly can't remember -40 degree windchills in December or at all during the winter at all. I think the only state that escaped the most severe weather was Florida, especially in the SW. Boy do I want to move there. I was born down in Florida, and I need to get back to my roots. The coldest it got there was mid-50's on ONE day. All the rest were typical January Florida 70s and 80s. Gotta love that.