Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

New Aquarium

Well, after about 2 months, my new aquarium is finally cycled. I did it with a full load of fish too, something they say is impossible. The readings are now 0,0,5 as of this morning, and they have been that for the past six days. So it's doing really well. It was a little touch and go for a few days last week when the nitrIte level was off the charts, and for weeks and weeks before that, of course, the ammonia was beyond any readable level. Now, though, it's perfect, with only a little of the safe nitrAte (third reading) showing. I'm really happy. I suppose I could have made it easier on myself and the fish had I waited and done a fishless cycle, or cycled with just a couple of fish, but really, from what I've read, 8 weeks isn't out of line in those cases either, and the fish themselves have always acted happy and well, and have even grown a lot over the past 2 months.