Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

The Journey of a Lifelong Adventure to a Love for Music

I spent some time discussing guitar equipment and sound. She's very young and just starting out, but even at 12, she is realizing the differences in sound quality on various pieces of her equipment and other items that might be available. As a child, she tends to focus on the big and shiny. Of course, a more sophisticated guitar, one that she isn't quite ready for just yet, would produce better sound. She understands that even without explanation. She was surprised when I brought up strings, and things to consider when replacing broken strings on her current guitar. Using a good quality string can greatly enhance the sound quality. We talked about many different brands and styles and she seems drawn to the helix electric at musicians friend. I think I've talked myself into a weekend shopping trip to the store. I love going there with my granddaughter, though. She is so much fun to watch as she learns more and more about her chosen artform. A young sponge and it takes me back to when I was exactly her age, just beginning on the wonderous adventure that would introduce me to a lifelong love for music and the instruments that create it.