Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Fishy Subject

A deep freeze and several long term power outtages depleted my fish tanks over the last few weeks. It was very depressing to lose several fish I've had for years, and a few of which were born here in my tanks. I finally went to the store yesterday and bought some more. Three of the tanks I convereted to cold water (goldfish) tanks, I only have one remaining fresh warm water tank. I can't seem to give up on tropicals completely. I bought two blue gouriamis. The existing three red sepia tetras that were still in there (the only fish remaining along with the plecos from the freeze, hardy little buggers) seem to be doing fine with them. The tetras, while very small in comparison are very aggressive little fish so they should be fine. The gouriamis are pretty laid back.



My one original cold water tank did fine in the freeze so I'm hoping that the other two that used to be tropical will do better if it happens again. I have them nicely stocked with some beautiful goldfish including two very tiny (for now, lol) black moors. I haven't had black moors since I first started with fish years ago and i made the mistake of putting them in the tank too soon before it was fully cycled (typical beginner anxiousness) and it didn't make it. So I'm really glad to have a couple of them now.



Hopefully we've seen the last of the long power outs for the winter but I kind of doubt it. This has never happened before but now in the last week we've had one 4 day out, 1 2 day out, and several hour or two outs. Last night it was out for 6 hours.

No comments: