Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Amos Tamam Makes Public Transportation Better Than Ever

If you're like me you don't carry cash around with you. The fact that I'm so far from town, banks, etc and that I work and get paid online makes it less likely I am in a position to get cash unless I am at a store and use my bank card as a debit card to get cash back. I don't even do that. I just don't like carrying cash. I especially don't like carrying cash in busy cities or strange places. Being that way makes me really appreciate people like Amos Tamam who have worked so hard to make life easier for those of us who rely on modern technology to get through all aspects of life from work to travel.

Amos Tamam literally started from the beginning when he came to the States in the early 80's. He had vast technological experience in his homeland but here he started out working in a Taxi garage. From there he began to see where improvements were needed and to develop the technologies that would make that happen.

All of that was wonderful for the taxi industry but where the inovations of Amos Tamam truly became a service to the public at large came into play was placing his verifone credit checking machines in taxi's throughout various metropolitan cities. The beginnings have been slow but here's hoping that the concept of credit acceptance in public transportation continues to grow until the time comes when we couldn't remember not being able to pay for a cab ride with a credit card.

No comments: