Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

FIVE WEEKS

Pardon my yell but I'm pretty excited about that pronoucement. It's been 5 weeks since I stopped smoking. That's a pretty big thing considering I'd smoked for 30+ years without stopping. I never really increased my habit like many do over time. I was a one pack a day smoker from beginning to end but 1 pack a day for over 10950 days is a lot of cigarettes to smoke. If I were to be honest I would have to admit I wouldn't have given up the nasty habit just because it was better/healthier for me to do so. I gave it up becuase the cost was becoming increasingly stupid. I mean, I am not going to spend a fortune to kill myself. (yeah, I know that sounds crazy, and it is) The last price hikes that shot up a pack of cigarettes and also raw tobacco, which I had used for years to roll my own cigarettes and off-set the already crazy high prices, zooming through the roof was the final straw for me.

Regardless of why, as anyone who has attempted to kick the habit knows it is not easy. Most also know that only a few manage to never go back. Whether it is 1 week, 1 year, or 10 years many go back. It only takes one 'trigger' at a weak moment. Here's hoping that moment never comes... or at least doesn't come for another 20 or 30 years, maybe by then I won't care anymore and smoke again.

No comments: