Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Beauty in Sand

I think the Middle East would be a really cool place to visit. When I used to think of that area of the world all I thought of is sand, but really, there's so much more to it, especially now with some of the huge emirates developing amazing cities like Bahrain and Abu Dhabi. They are just beautiful to look at in pictures. Since I am an avid horse lover and the foundation breed of many of the best horses comes from the Middle East, especially Saudi Arabia, I am also drawn to the rich history of the Bedouins and their animals. Even though the "Ocean of Fire" race from the famous movie "Hildago" is not likely a real race, or never was, there are many famous desert races that test the endurance and speed of the magnificent Arabian horses of the area. All I have to do is figure out what sights I want to see and then use a site to get my tickets and I'll be off. One thing I would surely want to do is find a way to take a trip on a camel in the desert. And, even though water isn't something you might immediately think of when it comes to a desert region like Arabia, there is plenty of it. Rivers and oceans, and well, you all know how I am about water, so I'd have to fish in the beautiful waters where historical figures had centuries before. Really, what is so alluring about the area in general is the historical aspect and how centuries of past history exists side-by-side with modern technology and buildings. This is an area of the world with the oldest and longest known history and there are still easy to visit and discover areas that abound with the architecture of the time as well as plenty of ways to relax in modern convenience when you get back to a hotel. I think I'll plan it for a winter trip though. While the world here is deep in snow, I can be perusing the warm and enchanting ancient world of the Middle East.