Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Sunday, March 03, 2013

Getting it Right

I have a friend who's father is a DJ and it amazes me how much goes into what he does. When I used to think of that job, it seemed like a fun way to make a living, but I really only thought about someone going to parties or bars and playing a music list. There's so much more that goes into it. You have to have the right equipment, be able to mix sounds and create beats, there are programs for everything and it is a lot of work to learn. There is a definite artistic ability to being a DJ. You're as much a musician as the people who create the records you play. The more I learn about it, the more fun it sounds like it would be. I have had a lot of musical training in my past, and I love to work with computers and programs to mix sounds for videos. It seems like it would be just a little extra stretch to learn how to do it for live play.