Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

How Did We Live Without Cell Phones?

Every time I use my cell phone I wonder how we ever lived without cellular phones in the past. I know there are many young people (say under 30) who can't even remember a time without cell phones, or at least barely. I grew up long before the advent of cell phones and life seemed pretty normal. In fact, when I was a child we only had one phone in the house at all!! Yep, ONE phone. How did we do that? And it was in the kitchen! Of all places, lol. No one sat for hours on the phone. Then when I was a pre-teen, joy of joys I got a phone installed in my very own bedroom! Oh joy. Yes, I'm kind of rolling my eyes. Now we can't even leave the house without our phones plastered to our hips, attached to purses, or somewhere on our bodies. Kids as young as my grandchildren have their own phones that they carry with them everywhere. It's strangely funny and yet perfectly normal all at the same time and I have to wonder how we did without this marvelous technology back in the stone ages when I was young.

No comments: