Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Secretariat!

I've waited what seems like a lifetime for the movie that defined my youth. I remember watching Secretariat every time a race came on TV, and cheering on "Big Red" as he charged to the finish line. The day the Belmont was run, I, like most people at the time, sat with my heart in my throat as he delivered the most spectacular run any thoroughbred ever made, winning by 31 lengths, and looking like he would have loved to run on forever. The movie brought all that home, and much, much more. The behind the scenes things that most of us watching didn't have a clue about, and how the strength and determination of Penny Tweedy kept her father's legacy alive, and believed in the big red colt that "lost" the coin toss. It's a movie event that shouldn't be missed, and you can have it in your home now on DVD.