Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Belmont is Still a Jewel

Well, the Belmont Stakes is in just a few days. I'm excited even though, as one website put it, it is the "red-headed stepchild" now. The final jewel in an impossible Triple Crown since the winner of the Kentucky Derby, Animal Kingdom, lost the Preakness by a half-length to Shakleford. To some it makes the final race less exciting, but to me, it's still one of the most prestigious races in the country, and one I look forward to all year long. I really only watch those three races. I'm not obsessed with horse racing, nor do I own, or have any involvement with race horses, so it isn't a constant passion. I just love those three races. I enjoy the pre-race show, and the spectacle of the event. To me, the Belmont Stakes is as much a jewel, Triple Crown possibility or not, as it ever was. I still kind of hope Animal Kingdom can come back and win it, too. If not, at least Shakleford. Either of those two would make it look like, if not for the other, there would have been a TC this year.