Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Dealing with Back Pain

I am limping around like an 80 year old woman this past week. I threw my back out again. It's something that happens regularly enough to be a fact of life for me, although it's been a few years since it happened last. In fact, this morning, talking with my husband he was worried that it would be something needing surgery, and I reminded him of a time over 20 years ago when it was so bad I couldn't even stand up, and he had to get me down the stairs in order to go to the hospital (no easy feat because of the way the stairs were situated). It's not something new. It just takes time to resolve itself, and at least I can get up even if I look like a bent up old woman when doing it. It can take up to 6 weeks for this type of back problem to get better, and it's a long time, but there's not much you can do about it when it happens except go with it, and deal with it.