Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Preventing Identity Theft

I've been hearing a lot about identity theft online, but there's an even greater danger in brick and mortar stores. Your credit information can be stolen even when you don't take your card out of your wallet! That's scary! Apparently chips in the cards can be read from several feet away, through material and most common wallets. Just when you thought you had enough to worry about when shopping online. I've seen special wallets for sale that prevent that type of theft. I'm thinking getting contactless cards is a good idea. How often are you in a store with your credit cards in your pocket or purse? I mean, I know I am a lot. I don't go anywhere without them, so I am always vulnerable. If it stops just one instance of possible theft, it's well worth the purchase I think. Even if you stop any charges in time, it's a HUGE hassle to have to do it. What's that old saying? An ounce of prevention, in this case it's worth more than a pound of cure.