Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

So Much for That

Well, after 4 weeks of not smoking with the e-cigarette as a replacement, I finally broke down and bought a pack. I am not smoking all the way, but find that I just need 2 or 3 a day. That's still a huge improvement over smoking a pack and a half a day, and the e-cigarette is fine to fill in the gaps. It really can't get over that hump though. Even after 4 weeks, in fact, it got worse at about 4 weeks, I found that there were withdrawal symptoms in spite of the nicotine replacement. There must be other things in cigarettes--well I know there are--that are as addictive and cause as much withdrawal as the nicotine itself. Unless, because the e-cigarettes nicotine is not as easily accessed, it isn't as efficient a nicotine delivery as a cigarette, I just can't get enough nicotine to resolve the issue fully. Either way, I'll have to be satisfied with having cut down a lot, rather than quitting altogether.