Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Visions of Flower Beds

Ah, spring is in the air. No, I mean REALLY. The weather we're having is just unbelievable for Mid-March. Heck, it's been unbelievable for February, and all winter long really. It is so absolutely gorgeous outside, and has been for several weeks, that I have had a really hard time controlling the urge to garden. I've allowed myself to appease my desire by working the dirt a bit, getting beds ready for planting and things of that nature, but up until now, haven't given in to the urge to plant anything. Mother Nature could definitely still throw us a smack down. At the same time, all of this warm weather has visions of foliage and garden tools dancing in my head. I'm in a new place now and this is my first spring here, so I have to re-start many things I had in place at the old house. I'm looking into a smaller, more compact worm composting bin for this place. The soil here is beautiful, and it will be a real thrill to work with it, and create lovely flower and vegetable garden spots around the front and back yards. I spent most of the end of last summer and fall after moving in here, cleaning up the overgrowth of a once cared-for, but overrun yard, and am now ready to see how it can really shine.