Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Monday, December 05, 2005

MOODY TODAY

Maybe it's just the infernal cold, and having to warm the car up for twenty minutes just so I can get in without it feeling like entering an igloo, but I'm moody today. (Of course, it's also the beginning of the month, draw your own conclusions to that one.) But to top it off, I'm waiting.

Yes, it's the eternal writer's fate: to wait.

I have a partial on an agent's desk.

I have a partial in the Harlequin Epic contest (that was supposed to be finaled on Dec 1, but got pushed back to Dec 15th... so more waiting).

I am waiting to hear on about 15 other queries.

I'm query weary.

Of course, through it all, I write. I have my new WIP, and I have taken quite a liking to this blog of which I moaned so heavily about at first. Funny thing, these blogs. They kind of get under your skin. In fact, until about a month ago, I hadn't even cruised other blogs. I barely knew they existed. Now I have about twenty in my favorites, and click on them daily to peruse other writer/agents/publisher/etc... thoughts and random rants. It's become quite addictive.

Can we say - procrastination?

Not really though. Sometimes it's just a needed break from a lengthy time spent swimming through 'just the right words' in the current manuscript. Sometimes it's just for fun. A lot of times it's really educational.

Oh, I should add one more wait-I just sent in a synopsis to the 'Honest Critique' blogger who is another annonymous wonder out here in blog land. One who is a slush pile reader for a publishing house. Seems like an interesting deal, and I'm anxious to find out what he/she says about my current synopsis. But it will be a bit of a wait, since s/he posted just today that s/he's gone on vacation for two weeks. Just my luck, my timing stinks once again.

So here's hoping that any of you writers out there have better luck, and timing than I do this holiday season, and for anybody reading: Happy Holidays.

1 comment:

Sandra Scoppettone said...

I don't have an email for you. I wanted to say thank you for your comment to me.
Sandra