Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Get Into The Thrill

I used to be very athletic, and involved in a great many sports from eventing on horseback, to barrel racing, to softball and basketball in school. I got away from that but am really trying to get back in the groove. You could say I'm single handedly reviving the workout DVD industry, and beginning to get back into various sports as well. When I get into a sport that means getting the gear necessary and it means shopping in places that carry specific items for that sport. If it's golf, which I've recently found a new affinity for I go to Callaway golf, for my horsie endeavors which I've never gotten out of, I go to more equine related sites. It only makes sense. Shopping at generic stores, or even 'all-around' sports places may get you some items of varying degrees of quality, but you won't necessarily get the items that will really fullfill your enjoyment of the game of your choice. Sometimes it's just a little thing, sometimes it's something really involved and complex, but in most cases those things aren't easily found at stores that aren't geared to a specific area. In my opinion it's one of the reason people try certain sports or exercises and give up, they never really experience the full thrill of that passtime.

No comments: