Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Makings of Memories

My son's room is litered with his highschool, and little league baseball trophies, basketball, track, and many others as well. Our family room has various trophies everywhere, from dog shows, rabbit shows, 4-h, and other livestock shows. My husband once commented we should put all the old trophies away. Some of them are 10 or more years old. It isn't the age of them that's important. For my son his baseball trophies are like memorabilia that make him feel warm, and happy remembering his accomplishments. Many of the livestock and 4-h trophies upstairs have the same effect as he was the most active in 4-h. For me those same trophies bring back wonderful memories of our family working through the year together, and showing together. Other animal show trophies have the same accomplishment for me that my son's athletic trophies have for him. Hours of work, paid off in the form of winning animals. You can't put an age limit on the feelings and memories that those items possess. My husbands theory was that since we have so many current ones, we don't need the old ones, but mine is that the old ones are treasured memories, the new ones are fun new memories, and the space I just cleared for this year's shows, is for memories in the making.

No comments: