Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nature's Trick

I think one of the hardest parts of getting old is the fact that we don't really think of ourselves as "old." Aches and pains that creep in and become a constant in our lives can actually be very confusing. I know for myself, the idea that I needed some form of arthritis treatment actually came as quite a surprise even though the pains I'd been having were quite severe and re-occurring. I just assumed they were something I'd injured, or there was some reason for it, not age. It's kind of nature's cruel trick. I mind trick that keeps us from seeing ourselves getting older until suddenly it seems to happen overnight. Maybe it's not so much of a cruel trick as a way to keep us from being swallowed up in self-pity and worry about something we can't stop anyway.

No comments: