Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Support That is Support

I don't know if other companies are better, or not, but I can promise one thing: I will never buy another Hewitt Packard Computer. The laptop I have is only one year old and I'm always fielding error messages. That's not too mention that the built-in webcam stopped working only a few months after I got it, and numerous frustrating calls to HP tech support only made me want to throw the machine out the window, pull out all my hair, and drive until I found the source of their tech support (can you drive to India?) and kill someone.

I miss the old days when tech support really was tech support. The old Gateway computers we had were fantastic, lasted forever, and when we did have tech problems their tech support (any time day or night) was fantastic. I know that the current problem is not just a "HP" problem. Gateway's tech support went down the tubes by the time I got my second desktop computer from them. It's too bad too. I think it was about the time it became fashionable to farm out tech support and call centers to other companies (overseas or not). I miss in-company tech support with real people who actually knew something about the products they were 'supporting'.

No comments: