Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Learn by Doing

Having spent the last four months cramming to learn more about boats, cruising, keeping, and maintaining boats, and how to act on a boat I feel like I am ready for the summer with my new boat. However, the more I learn, the more I realize I don't know anything at all. Just when I think I know enough to make me competent, I find some new fact that makes me feel like it is an impossible task unless you were born on a ship. Now, I know that everyone starts someplace. I know that the majority of people who own boats didn't grow up around them. Even the ones who did, still have things to learn as new technology is developed. That doesn't help me in feeling a little overwhelmed by the idea of skippering a 26 foot cruiser for the first time. I don't know if I'll ever be able to learn enough before I actually get behind the wheel. I may just have to realize it's a matter of learn by doing.

No comments: