Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Past the Box Stage

I have long ago stopped buying toys for my own children. They are long grown up and moved out. I spend most of my money on buying toys for my pets at home. I also have two lovely grandchildren I get to splurge on and buy toys for. It is more fun now to buy toys for the grandkids because I can do it when I want, I have more money to spend on fun items than I used to, and I get to enjoy all the fun of the toys and then go home. That way, a particularly annoying bell, buzz, or crash is no longer my concern. It's my daughter's and I lovingly enjoy the payback of such items, and specifically seek them out. It is a little more difficult on one side, however. It was easier to know what toys to buy for my own kids. Being with them 24/7 I knew what their every desire was, and what they liked and didn't like. I have a clue on the grandkids, but there isn't that 100% certainty. The worst part is, they're past the wonderful "box" stage where it really didn't matter what you bought, because they'd ignore it anyway and play for hours with the box.