Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Everyday Supahstar




When I think about working from home, for me it means a lot of different things that what it may mean to some. One of the HUGE benefits for so many, that I don't really take into consideration is the ability to stay home with their children while still earning money for their households. I admire those peole so much. It takes so much ore concentration to work with young children about.

Stephanie is just such a person. Her 'Home With The Kids' blog is inspirational to me, not only for the fun to read articles and insight to a life other than my own, but because she is doing what I consider to be a Herculean task--staying home with the kids and doing right by them while STILL managing to contribute to the family income.

I LOVE her post on 'Talking With Your Children'. So often we're so busy we simply say 'yes' or 'no', or tell them what to do, or what something is without really sitting down and explaining the reasoning, or whys, or asking them what they think about something so that we can get a better understanding of how they think and understand their world that is so confusing to young minds trying to come to grips with adult perspectives. The articles on Stephanie's blogs are 'must reads' for parents of young children, and me, I'm a grandmother and I've come to have a better perspective, I think, on how to interact with my grandkids that I wish I'd had with my own children. It's never too late to improve your parenting skills, even if it skips a generation. I really appreciate the thoughts and insights gained from reading Stephanie's blog.

Even simple things like her chronicling of education broadening experiments like this week's 'experiment with yeast' are thought proking posts that help me think of ways that everyday things that I do can be used to help expand my own grandkids lives and knowledge.

Great blog Stephanie. You're an everyday supahstar in my book!

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Great blog post. You really did your homework. I was just out and about reading other Supahstar posts. Mine's up at High Strangeness Altoona - here's the direct link.