Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Electronic Savings

After going to the store yesterday and buying yet another package of batteries I decided to take stock of all the items in the house that used batteries and what sizes. With the high cost of each package and most of the things that take batteries using the same size (AA) I have begun to think that rechargeable batteries are the way to go. I only have one gadget that takes a different size, and that's the DVD controler. For some reason that one uses AAA. For that one it isn't too bad buying regular batteries I suppose. The length of time it takes to use even one charge for one pair of batteries for that a package of four lasts about a year. What is the BIG drain on batteries is my walkman. It only uses 2 AA batteries, but they only last about a week. For that, and since all the other controllers in the house (2 tv, a vcr, and a different DVD player that uses AA) I could use rechargeables and save quite a bit of money over the course of a year. I'm just glad that I don't have one of those huge 'boom boxes' anymore that took six D batteries that only lasted a few hours each. Back then when those types of devices were commonplace I don't even recall having rechargeables available. That would have REALLY saved some money.

No comments: