Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Treasure Hunting

I've had some time to kill recently due to an injury that has kept me pretty much sidelined. Just lately I've still been too hurt to do most things but not hurt enough to stay in bed so I occupied myself with light cleaning. Going through 'junk' that I haven't even looked at in years because it was just shoved to the back of a drawer or closet. It's amazing to me what treasures you can find doing that. Items I hadn't thought of, and in some cases even remembered I had. I found some clothes in the back of my closet I'd forgotten I'd even purchased because at the time I'd grown out of them (ahem, not because I'm a growing girl, but because well, I was just growing) and now that I've been dieting I'm back to that size. Hey, great. I don't even have to go shopping to get new 'thin' clothes because I already have them! Too cool. And it's just like getting 'new' clothes because I forgot I even had them, and I never wore them. Most of them still have the tags on them.

I found an old jewelry box stashed in the back of my closet full of beautiful gold chains, earings, and other accessories that I had back before I even got married. We're talking 25 years here. You know how when you move you just put things away to deal with later--and you are busy raising kids, and living life--working, whatever, and you forget all about those 'later' things? This is that type of thing. I have a whole bunch of jewelry that I'd just put away for 'later' and now can wear again!

Being hurt sucks, but these last few days 'treasure hunting' sure has made it worth while.

No comments: