Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

141 DAYS!

141 days and just over 900 dollars. That's how long it has been since I quit smoking. 141 days isn't that long, really. It's just closing in on 5 months. Less than half a year. And still, that 900 dollars (902 and some change to be more precise) is what I have saved so far. That means that in a year I will have saved just a few dollars shy of TWO THOUSAND dollars. That's a lot of money that I've been throwing away on such a destructive habit. Well, to be fair, that figure is based on the current price that jumped up drastically. However, I've easily spent at least half that in years past. The biggest benefit, more than money saved, is how much better I feel.

Yes, there are still times I think about it. I no longer obsess over cigarettes, or desire to smoke, but it does cross my mind. Sometimes I worry I will stumble. When I get those thoughts I wonder if at some point it will happen at just the right time, just the right moment, and I won't talk myself out of it. In reality when I have those thoughts the very next thought is---why? Why do you want one? Smoking never really was all that great. It was a horrible addiction. You don't really want that back... but I do fear that some day that reason won't be there in time and I'll stumble. Many do. I have to pray that as time goes on and the length of time I have been away from them widens the less likely I'll be to stumble even if reason isn't right there with an argument against smoking.

No comments: