Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Beware of TCF Information When Signing Up

I opened a bank account with TCF bank up here at my new location. It is a branch kiosk at the Jewel where I shop a lot so I thought it would be convenient enough. I am a little disappointed by the misinformation and hustle I got when I signed up. I hope it picks up a bit and the service is better than that overall. I do like their online banking platform, so I am not going to make any rash decisions, although part of me is saying I should just close it out and open one at the bank across from my house instead, and think of the bad start as an omen. Hopefully I am just being a worrier. I won't have to really deal with the branch manager or deal with the issues that caused the problems I had at the start from now on, so as long as other operations are okay, it should be okay.

One thing however, that will change my mind if I find a better situation is that I found out TCF charges for debit card use. I'm not use to that. My old bank didn't charge for debit or credit on the card. I don't know if that's unusual, or something I'll find up here. Half of me is still considering keeping my old bank account open. I haven't closed it yet,and since I do almost everything electronically anyway, I don't have to actually go to the bank. I'd just have to change the address on the account so my monthly statements and stuff come here. I'll certainly let you know if it isn't though. If you are thinking about a bank, be really careful about what they tell you when you walk in, and verify information, and read the booklets describing the services FIRST instead of taking the word of a branch manager.