Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

New, Old Oven

I've been cooking up a storm at the new house. It's nice to have a working oven, although for the first time in my life, I'm having to battle to bake things without burning them. This is the hottest, fastest oven I've ever owned. I've often heard that every oven is different, but I've never had one THIS different. It's not like we're at a different altitude, or even drastically further north or south. It's just a hot oven. I finally got things under control except for the fact that it would burn stuff on the bottom. After wrapping the oven shelf in tin foil, that seems to have solved the problem. If I ever get the other house sold though, I'm going to look into restaurant equipment or used professional ovens to get a good deal on a high-quality, but not quite so old oven. The one now in the house has to be over 40 years old, maybe more. The house is 50 years old, so the oven may even be 50 years old. It's huge, and I thought it would be so great because it's a double oven, but the bottom oven doesn't work at all, and I can't find the pilot in it. So a new oven would be great anyway.