Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Internet scare

Had a big scare the other day. The phone company has divided our area code up because there is such huge growth in the area, so now even what used to be a 'local' call has to be dialed as if it were long distance with a 1-815- in front of the number. It scared the dickens out of me because I wasn't expecting it to impact those 815 numbers that I hadn't previously had to do that with. Some we already had to since it covers such a huge space. My Internet dial-up comes from a town 15 miles away. It's the closest real town and there is no service anywhere that has a number any closer that is 'local' suddenly now we have to dial 1-815 and I thought it would change my calling plan from the paypercall to pay per minute which would cost me a fortune in usage since I'm online all day long. I did find out after much scrounging around for the information that the phone company made a concession even though all number are long distance, any number within the 15 mile radius is in our 'extended coverage area'... just a new way to word it is all. Big sigh of relief on my end though.

No comments: