Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Trouble In Paradise

I just saw a headline on Yahoo that read something like telecomuting has it's career drawbacks. I didn't actually read the article just yet as I'm a bit cramped for time at the moment, but I can really imagine how working for a company from home could have some problems. You can't network as easily. At least not face-to-face. Sure you can chat online, but that lacks some of the more personal elements. That plus you can't as easily 'do lunch' even if you telecommute farily locally it's not the same as passing a fellow worker's office and leaning in and asking him/her to join you. You can't walk into your college's office, sit down and go over a problem in person. I'm sure there are a more difficulties, but I'd see that as one of the biggest when it comes to career advancement, and drawbacks for careers of people working from home. That's why I like working for myself from home so much... I network with the head honcho, and lunch with her every day. Heck, I even sleep with her. haha

No comments: