Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Winter Farming

There are certain indisputable facts about farming in Illinois and one of them is that cold weather will come. It's here--already. Generally I do not care for blog posts that are basically weather reports. It's cold, it's rainy, it's a beautiful day... but this is more of a complaint post. Okay, I don't usually care for those either. Complaining about the weather won't do anything about it. I still hate winter. People who think cold weather is envigorating, or snow is beautiful get on my nerves. In some ways they're right but at the same time I bet they do not have to deal with frozen water tanks, hoses, hip deep snow to get to the feed bunkers. Winter is here and I'm not ready for it--again. I never am. I know it's coming and I do work to prepare for it but emotionally I am never ready for it.

No comments: