Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Getting Help, One Way Or The Other

Well my son went for his second court date yesterday for his DUI. It is his second DUI in a year and I thought it would have been settled yesterday, but they continued it again. Sometimes I lose faith in the justice system. It's so wrought in red-tape. I've been unsuccessful in convincing him he needs drug rehab in spite of having found several that would suit his needs. I keep hoping that when they finally come to some judgement part of it will be mandatory rehab. I'm not too sure that's successful. It would be much better if he realized his problem and went on his own, but if it won't be that, then at least he'd end up having to talk to counselers and doing the rehab, maybe it would sink in more for him in that situation. In spite of the way the law reads, it seems like the courts have minds of their own and aren't really all that interested in persuing jail time (not that I really want him to go to jail, but I want him to realize the seriousness of what he's doing, and if that's what it takes, then so be it), or enforcing rehab. They're only interested in the fines it seems. Perhaps that saddest part of all.

No comments: