Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Old Dog, New Tricks

The only trouble with technology is there is a learning curve. Sometimes a steep one. Now I know my grandkids who are just starting school now will grow up knowing all about Cat5E cables for better ethernet, routers, and all kinds of things that just confuse the heck out of me. Why can't it be simple? Computers themselves used to be so complicated, and you had to know DOS just to operate them (I did manage, barely), now it's easy. Plug N' Play makes setting up new computers a breeze, and you don't have to know html, DOS, or anything else to get started, get on-line, etc... but for every new advance, like wireless internet, or even most high-speed connections there are new things to learn before you can use them. Hopefully that will change in the not too distant future. I almost got high-speed until I found out that while I could get it, it would only be hooked up to one computer, and to get both of our computers working we'd have to install a router. Sounds simple until you go to the store, and there are like a billion choices to make based on the types of computers etc...

EEK. I love technology, but teaching this old dog new tricks is a difficult job.

No comments: