Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Walking Fit

When I started my new weight-loss exercise regime at the beginning of August, walking (road walking) was tops on my list of aerobic exercises. Three times a week I'd hit the road walking 3 to 5 miles. It's a great form of exercise... until the temperatures drop below the freeze line. Then, for me anyway, outdoor walking is no longer an option. Not too mention that out here in the country, their are no sidewalks and walking on the streets can be dangerous at any time of the year, but more so in the winter with icy roads making cars passing by even more dangerous than they can be at other times.

I am really looking for a good treadmills. I've wanted one since I started but put it off because well, the poor man's treadmill is blacktop, lol, but with winter here, poor (wo)man, or not, I don't do frozen blacktop. Besides, with a treadmill here in the house I wouldn't have to worry about being caught in a storm like I did in September, or care if it's too early, or too late, or if, in the summer, it's the hottest part of the day and can't go because I'd have a heat stroke. I can exercise anytime I like, whenever its convienient for me. Plus, I won't have to worry if I fall, sprain an ankle (happened once) and have to hobble home the remainder of the miles. My Christmas wish list is getting pretty long though.

No comments: