Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Glove For Every Purpose

I just realized I have accumulated many kinds of work gloves over the years. Many of them I use daily, or seasonally all the time, some I only use once in a while, and I even found a new type I need now. Living on a farm means needing work gloves to protect my hands from blisters doing heavy work like fencing. I also have garden gloves to protect my hands from handling the dirt, plants, and even weeds that may be poisonous. When I glue or do fiberglass work I use rubber gloves that give me maximum movement and feel while still shielding my skin, and now, I need some chain mail gloves to protect my hands from the sharp fillet knives I hope to be using to skin fish on the boat. I used to have a pair of that kind of glove when I worked in the slaughter house. We had to wear them to protect our hands from the sharp knives used to butcher cattle. I should have used them during butchering processes here at home, but never did. On a rocking and rolling boat though, I think they are a smart piece of protective gear.