Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Muscle gravy

With my new-found 'healthy' lifestyle came a lot of changes. Everything from the types of food I eat, and how I cook that food, to a room full of strength equipment to train on daily. For me, having it here at home makes sense. Cost wise, it may be a little more expensive than a health club membership, but where I'm at I'd have to drive over 45 minutes each way to get to the nearest health club. Add in the cost of gas and buying my own made a lot of sense. Couple that with, after the first few weeks, having to drive all that way would begin to wear on me. Having to fit a lengthy trip an workout into my schedule would begin to get difficult. So daily visits would turn into three times a week, would turn into twice, to once, to monthly... and so on. Having it right here, I can use it whenever I want. Break up my workouts to several times a day if I wish. I don't have to drive, spend money on gas, and I can use any piece of equipment I want without having to stand in line... bonus.

Even if you can't afford an entire room full of equipment like I splurged on, have the basics and you're much more apt to get the workout in, and do it regularly. Hey, if you can afford to spoil yourself with a fancy gym membership too, go for it, but personally I place at home equipment a higher priority. The rest is gravy.

No comments: