Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Save Money While Getting In Shape

Some people may consider having exercise equipment in their homes a luxury, even if they're on a diet, or serious about getting/keeping fit. I don't think that's the case, at least for me it's not a luxury. Instead, it's the best, and even cheapest way to go. My reasons for feeling that having my own equipment is the right choice are:

1)I don't have to travel to the gym. This is a big thing for me since the closest real gym is almost 45 minutes away, and that's at country backroad speeds. So having my own equipment saves me money in gas, and it saves me over an hour and a half of driving time.

2)I can workout whenever I want. Because the gym would be so far away, I would have to really schedule when I wanted to work out. For me, with being self-employed, and also working on our home farm, my schedule is awfully tight. Chances are extremely good that even if I did join the gym, I'd have a really hard time making the time to get there. With the equipment here at home, when I feel like working out, I do it. If I have to stop to get something else done, I can, and I can go back to it when I'm finished. That may not save me money, but it makes working out possible. I guess, it actually does save me money too. If I spent hundreds of dollars on a gym membership I never/or rarely use, that's like throwing the money away.

Those are just two of my reasons. To me they're the biggest and most important ones. I love my home workout equipment. I wouldn't trade any of it for

No comments: