Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Psoriasis

When I was young, preteen and early teen years, a very very close friend who I thought of like a mother developed a condition that as a child I'd never heard of. Psoriasis. Back then there wasn't much in the way of psoriasis treatment available. I think back then that most people hadn't heard of this problem, although I assumed it was just me. I think even now that many people aren't aware of this condition unless they suffer with it, or know someone who does. Thankfully there are much better ways of dealing with it thanks to the advances in medicine, and better awareness and support for those diagnosed with the disease. I wish these things had been available to Peggy back about 35 years ago, but knowing how she suffered the embarrassment, and lack of treatment, I'm very glad that those out there who need it can get the help they deserve.

No comments: