Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Greener Grass On The Other Side

The grass is so long around my house at the moment that a visiting nurse for my mother-in-law asked me if it was 'prairie grass' -- therefore, I guess, some sort of special variety to be cherished, not cut. (I'm still trying to figure out if she really thought this, or was just being polite).

Actually she had some validity to her question. I'm not sure what it is though. See when we first moved out here some 13 or 14 years ago, the dates are getting fuzzy, there was a sign on the lawn that said something to the effect of being a 'natural prairie grass preserve'.

Here's the reason I'm not really sure if that was serious, or a joke. Maybe the previous owner (they had died prior to our purchase, so couldn't ask) was just too lazy to cut the grass, and thought the sign was funny.

Or maybe their lawn mower was busted. Who knows?

Or is there really such a thing as a priarie grass preserve? Some special species of grass could be growing right under my feet and I don't even realize it! Oh the horrors of the idea that I might have been cutting it down all these years, and not seeing it for the beauty it really held.

It is kind of cool looking, but I'm sure my neighbors just think I'm lazy.

My lawnmower is broke.

I need a sign.

No comments: