Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Games on and Off Facebook

I have given up on all of my Facebook games except for Farmville. I still play that one. I keep threatening to give that up too because of time, because of cost, because they keep on adding silly things that only people who 'pay to play' can get. Yes it's their prerogative. Yes I understand they need to make money, too. I think it's because it's linked with Facebook I feel it's wrong to charge for it. Maybe that's why there's such a push from both ends recently to disassociate the games from Facebook. That too is a double edged sword from the game company's perspective, I'd imagine. Away from Facebook it is more legitimate and less people will bicker about having to pay for certain game aspects. Heck they'll probably expect that. However, away from Facebook takes away the audience that just 'finds' them as a result of being on one of the biggest social network systems on the Internet. I know I would not have found them otherwise. I don't bother with other gaming sites. So they'll likely lose a lot of 'stumble' in traffic.