Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A Lot That I Don't Know

I'll be the first to admit that there's a lot that I don't know. I don't know too much about die cutting, or how small intricate parts are made for the massive machines we use, and even some of the very smallest machines. I did work in a parts factory that made certain parts for cars at one point. I worked one of the presses, so you could look at me and say, well see, you do know about that. Nope. I know how my machine worked. More specifically I knew as much about how that machine worked as I do how my car works. I know my car works when I put in the key, turn it and then step on the gas. I have no real idea beyond the basics about why the engine roars to life, or how, and I certainly wouldn't know how to put one together.

One thing I DO know is that I am all for any business, big or small, that is owned and run by women. Places like RFI Shielding, a New England Die Cutting company that does all sorts of cutting--die, laser, waterjet, and more, AND it's owned by a woman. Three cheers for women in business--they help make our world run smoothly.

No comments: