Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Radar Love

I've used radar detector pretty much all my life. They're legal in the US, and I have a lead foot. I don't mean to. I'm not doing it on purpose. When I lived up in the suburbs it was almost a necessity, and it really did keep me from speeding, because the police were so abundant the thing was always going off and it kept me in check. Down in the country though, I have to admit my lead foot has gotten heavier. Most people down here drive at the speed of light. There aren't many stop signs, or lights. I can drive for over fifteen miles in about any direction before hitting a stop sign, or light, and in one direction better than 30. The average speed posted out here is 55, and there are a great many roads with no posted speed limit at all. There are also very few police out in the country -- the problem with that is when you do come to a city, or town it's easy to forget yourself. The detector really comes in handy then. It's more a reminder than a purposeful attempt at evasion. I love my radar detector. I wouldn't be without one.

No comments: