Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tyler Perry's House Of Brilliance

I watched Tyler Perry's 'Diary of a Mad Black Woman' last night on DVD. Actually it was his current movie out at the theaters now 'Why Did I Get Married?' that brought the other movies of his to my attention. I'm sure glad it did. Actually, to be more truthful it was my comment to a friend on how I couldn't wait to see 'married' that made her ask if I'd seen any of Tyler's others... well Diary is fantastic!! It's both a spoofy type of comedy (with it's Madea and Joe characters), and a complex relationship drama all rolled into one great, and inspiring movie.

I HAD seen the sitcom Tyler Perry's 'House of Payne' and loved that. His writing is witty and insightful in there too while at the same time making you laugh at the characters and their situations. Using comedy to get a very serious point across is a fantastic tool, but one that only a few writers can accomplish. Mr. Perry does it brilliantly.

No comments: