Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Kentucky Derby Day

I don't know if any of you caught the Kentucky Derby yesterday on TV but it was one of the best races I've seen in a long time. A back-runner (19th out of 20th for 3/4 of the race) came from behind on the rail all the way up to win by a couple lengths over the leader who had run the entire race out front ahead of everyone else. It was quite thrilling. I missed all the pre-race stuff which kind of made me mad, but I was busy getting horses ready to take to a sale this morning. I wanted to watch because they were supposed to really highlight Barbaro the gallant horse that won the Kentucky Derby last year only to fall lame at the start of the Preakness the following month breaking his leg in the process of trying to run on the ingury. He then went through touchy surgery only to develop laminitis in his front hoof during recovery and then as he started to look like he was going to make it after all, had to be put down just a few months ago. I'm sure the tribute was grand. The race itself was a lot of fun to watch.

No comments: