Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Office Ag

Fellow postie Colleen had a really interesting post over on her 'GeekySpeaky' blog that really got me thinking. Her post on 'Office Corn' (that's Corn with a C folks get your minds out of the gutter all you erotic writers) made me smile. Why? Well, agricultural related posts aren't too unusual for me, at least on my farm blog, and living in the middle of cornfields sometimes I guess I could easily take for granted what some others might find 'exotic'. The smile was more for, what a wonderful way for those who might not otherwise get to know the thrill of growing a source of food otherwise. In the cities space is greatly limited, but to come up with the genius of growing a corn plant in a corner of your office is just beyond words. And once you discover the real thrill of watching something go from a pot of dirt, a single seed, and a little water and blossom into something edible and nutricious... I'm quite sure you'd be hooked.

No comments: