Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy, happy, joy, joy.

I can't for the life of me remember what movie or television show that little ditty is from. I'll probably remember as soon as I log off and go to bed. It's stuck in my mind though.

Happiness is a state of mind. I've always felt that way. Some people will always be a glass is half full type personality, while others see it as half empty. It seems to me though, that even being the half full type of person, it's easy to forget how good life is as you go through everyday frustrations. Even the smallest of things can put a damper on what is really a fantastic experience. I have to stop myself a lot and tell myself to take a closer look. Things are really pretty good. I get so caught up in what I'm doing at the moment and making it work, or ironing out problems that occassionally those overwhelm the fact that the actual job, or situation is really excellent and I'm having fun.

Do you ever get like that? When you suddenly realize that you're all frustrated, and anxious while doing something you actually really love? Is it a matter of caring so much, and wanting it to be perfect rather than sitting back and letting it be what it is?

Maybe that's it. At least for me. I need to sit back and love the experience for what it is instead of making it 'better' because it's already good.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ren and Stimpy! (Just in case you didn't remember as soon as you logged off! :) )