Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Yvonne De Carlo Passes away

I just happened to cruise through msn today. I don't often go to their home page but I saw that Yvonne De Carlo passed away. That's such sad news. She was so much fun to watch as Lily Munster. I grew up with her on my tv screen, and even a few times played it out on Holloween with her as my childhood inspiration for horror.

It's hard to explain exactly why we're so saddened by the deaths of people we've never personally met, but actors, actresses, and musicians become such a vivid part of our lives that it does touch us when things happen to them, and when the pass away.

Some things, however, you don't find out until after they're gone. Well in the past anyway. The actors and actresses of the past didn't have the Internet to deal with and spread their gossip. I didn't know that De Carlo was known to have had affairs with such people as Howard Hughes, Burt Lancaster and Billy Wilder. Nowadays everyone would know it. LOL But back then only those active in that society would probably have known. It may have leaked to papers and such, but even tabloids weren't as active back in the 60' and 70's as they are today.

Just on a side note: boy that Howie. For a recluse he really got around.

No comments: