Calories Burned Calculator
Estimate the calories you burned swimming:
Pace:
Weight:
Time:
Powered by Everyday Health.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Not For Me

I tried the Blockbuster online rental service and it's a really cool concept. I have to admit that I liked getting the dvd's in my mailbox, and like the convienience of returning them postage paid the same way, and the fact that there's no time limit on keeping them. Sounds like a good deal, right? Yeah, but the problem is I was really overall disappointed in their selection. This is Blockbuster--I really thought they'd have everything you could possibly imagine. New releases aren't something I'm all that interested in. I buy those as they come out and have an extensive library. I'm more interested in older movies that I either have on VHS but don't watch that way very often anymore, or can't easily find. Either that or movies that I wouldn't necessarily purchase but want to see. They really didn't have a great selection at all in either of those areas.

Of those that they did have I was even less impressed with the fact that most were rented out and I had to wait in line to get them. Now it's convienent enough, I can just add them to my que and when they come in Blockbuster will ship them out. I don't have to keep going back and checking or anything, but this is Blockbuster--(I know I keep saying that, but I think that's the biggest source of my disappointment) I really expected them to have a vast store of the selections. Perhaps I am asking too much of them... but they're Blockbuster.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Seriously, try Netflix. they have a ton of old movies, tv shows, great selection. It's so huge that I can't even have possibly looked through them all and their prices are awesome. Netflix should pay me for the amount of advertising I do for them.
Can you cancel with Blockbuster at any time? If so, you should totally sign up for Netflix.


Kat